ANALYTICS

Sociological research 2013

social

The main focus on career growth in the next 3-5 years of young people is quite high. The 11.1% plan to be the heads of enterprises, 29.9%, – to be the head of the company and up to 25,3% plan to exercise individual enterprise or work in a family.

Focusing on the career growth among youth in the next 3-5 years

диаграмма

Detail

So, in general, two thirds of students – undergraduates plan to hold a management position, or have their own business. So generally only a third is ready to do the work of the executive

Moreover, among the students who have already obtained the qualification of specialists, 75% believe the acquired knowledge and skills insufficient.

диаграмма 7

Detail

It is also found that there is no relationship between satisfaction with the knowledge and academic performance of students. It turns out that the ratio of satisfied and dissatisfied is equal among the standouts, and among those who had average score of 4 or 3 in the last session.

According to the survey it is clear that those who believe that additional knowledge and skills are not necessary were only 1%. So, all the rest of 99% think that it is necessary to get additional skills.

All students are interested in getting additional skills of effective business communication, master the methods of persuasion, to be able to work with the objections, to determine the strategy of behavior in conflicts, etc… This position was chosen for more than half of the respondents (52%). On the second place there were leadership skills, ability to motivate and build their own team (47%).

The agreement that is necessary for success is considered to be between personal qualities and abilities. On the first place by a wide margin is sociability (63.5%), followed by creativity (56%) and persistence (54.8%).

диаграмма

Detail

In the issue of effective and convenient form of additional training, students focus on practical skills.

Due to the almost total involvement of the student audience in the Internet (note that it is not used by only 0.4% of respondents), the vast majority of respondents (78.3%) have been using the Internet for education and training. However, only part of the respondents are interested in the classic lecture courses in the classroom.

However, more than half of the respondents (51%) know about the existence of specialized websites with online learning know so we can talk about a certain willingness of young people to study online.

62% of respondents believe the most effective form of virtual learning is video lectures.

The most effective forms of virtual learning

диаграмма

Detail

It is a significant factor, that the cost is not the main factor on which the respondents relied in deciding to participate in virtual learning. In the first place is the possibility to use the knowledge and skills in real life (58%), the second – the convenience of learning (50%) and only on the 3-4 position are factors of affordable cost and speed of learning (40%).

And those who plan to become leaders are more interested in the opportunity to learn from successful leaders. As teachers they would like to see 64.3% of the representatives of this group. But those who would like to become an individual entrepreneur are more interested in the experience of successful entrepreneurs. Those who are in this group would like to see as them as lecturers 50.5%. By the way, the importance of these groups for the respondents confirmed by the fact that almost half of the respondents (48.3%) who had a positive assessment of virtual learning are known businessmen, entrepreneurs, professionals, leaders of public opinion would be the most important in their decision to participate in it.

The priorities of students for choosing teachers, trainers and lecturers virtual learning

диаграмма

Detail

The additional education offers practical skills, rather than just exploring the subject of study itself. Thus, the principal thing is still the usefulness of the knowledge and skills, the ability to direct their application to achieve the target.

Skills Academy
Skills Academy

Follow